Join our team! TalentLift is a mission-driven, collaborative, and high-impact start-up expanding the job and skilled visa opportunities available to talented candidates living in refugee circumstances globally. We are hiring a full-time Administrative Assistant who will have the opportunity to make a clear impact on individual and systemic levels and to create the scaleable and human-centred processes that power our work.
TalentLift is a non-profit talent agency. We support Canadian employers to recruit and relocate talent from within refugee and displaced populations to fill skills shortages, enabling candidates along with their families to lift to their potential as they advance their careers, secure their futures, and leave displacement behind.
There are more than 27 million people living as refugees worldwide with few options to achieve livelihoods and security. Many thousands have the skills and potential to qualify for jobs and skilled visas in Canada, just like talented people anywhere, but they’ve been historically excluded from recruitment and visa systems. This is changing as TalentLift and our partners drive more equitable access to these transformative opportunities.
TalentLift is the first organization of our kind to offer employers and the displaced candidates they hire in-house services encompassing talent search, visa application, and settlement coordination. We believe that access to opportunities should depend on potential and not the privilege of living without fear.
Our Administrative Assistant will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative support to TalentLift’s legal team on both temporary and permanent residence immigration applications including the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot (EMPP)
- Managing various legal services duties including:
- Maintaining case management databases and software
- Requesting and reviewing information and documentation from candidates
- Completing forms and portals required for immigration applications and following up with candidates to obtain outstanding information
- Drafting submission letters, working from precedents when appropriate
- Ensuring that deadlines are recorded, scheduled and met
- Performing other general administrative duties as required
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in a similar role
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills in a cross-cultural environment
- Adaptability and willingness to continuously learn
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Canadian immigration practices and procedures
- Work experience or volunteerism in cross-cultural contexts
- Experience supporting people living in refugee and displaced situations
- Experience with project management and database software
- Ability to communicate fluently in multiple languages
What we offer:
- Full-time and contract positions available for $20/hour
- Flexible hours and work from home in Canada
- A supportive team – ask us more!
TalentLift is committed to equitable hiring. All candidates are welcome to apply and we warmly invite those who have lived experience in refugee or displacement circumstances, Indigenous backgrounds, and different abilities.
The deadline to apply for this role is October 30, 2023. To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter/email to: firstname.lastname@example.org