Join our team! TalentLift is a mission-driven, collaborative, and high-impact start-up expanding the job and skilled visa opportunities available to talented candidates living in refugee circumstances globally. We are hiring a full-time Communications Lead who will have the opportunity to make a clear impact on individual and systemic levels and to create the scaleable and human-centred processes that power our work.
TalentLift is a non-profit talent agency. We support Canadian employers to recruit and relocate talent from within refugee populations to fill skills shortages, enabling candidates along with their families to lift to their potential as they advance their careers, secure their futures, and leave displacement behind.
There are more than 27 million people living as refugees worldwide with few options to achieve livelihoods and security. Many thousands have the skills and potential to qualify for jobs and skilled visas in Canada, just like talented people anywhere, but they’ve been historically excluded from recruitment and visa systems. This is changing as TalentLift and our partners drive more equitable access to these transformative opportunities.
TalentLift offers employers and the displaced candidates they hire in-house services encompassing talent search, visa application, and settlement coordination. We believe that access to opportunities should depend on potential and not the privilege of living without fear.
Our Communications Lead will report to the Managing Director and be responsible for:
- Developing, coordinating and implementing effective communication strategies for various platforms to drive awareness and engagement
- Producing high-quality and impactful content for various communication channels (i.e., blog, online magazine, marketing collateral, website, and social media)
- Developing and promoting branding initiatives consistent with TalentLift’s mission, goals and objectives
- Supporting candidate communications and storytelling
- Optimizing content for search engines and lead generation
- Collaborating with leadership to understand and deliver marketing and communication needs
- Overseeing and managing day-to-day operations of all digital marketing platforms
- Leveraging various tools and analytics to monitor and assess the effectiveness of all marketing and communications strategies
- Preparing and delivering monthly reports, and supporting other reporting needs
- Supporting the organization through other development and communications activities as needed
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in communications or marketing with a strong digital marketing focus
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in communications, marketing or related fields (equivalent work experience will also be considered in lieu of academic qualifications)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Adaptability and willingness to continuously learn
Nice to have:
- Work experience or volunteerism in cross-cultural contexts
- Experience supporting people living in refugee and displaced situations
What we offer
- Salary of $72,000
- Dental and extended healthcare benefits
- 4 weeks vacation
- Flexible hours and work from home in Canada
- Equipment provided
- A supportive team – ask us more!
TalentLift is committed to equitable hiring. All candidates are welcome to apply and we warmly invite those who have lived experience in refugee or displacement circumstances, Indigenous backgrounds, and different abilities.
To apply, please send your CV and a message using this application form.