Join our team! TalentLift is a mission-driven, collaborative, and high-impact start-up expanding the job and skilled visa opportunities available to talented candidates living in refugee circumstances globally. We are hiring a full-time Immigration Legal Assistant who will have the opportunity to make a clear impact on individual and systemic levels and to create the scaleable and human-centred processes that power our work.
TalentLift is a non-profit talent agency. We support Canadian employers to recruit and relocate talent from within refugee and displaced populations to fill skills shortages, enabling candidates along with their families to lift to their potential as they advance their careers, secure their futures, and leave displacement behind.
There are more than 26 million people living as refugees worldwide with few options to achieve livelihoods and security. Many thousands have the skills and potential to qualify for jobs and skilled visas in Canada, just like talented people anywhere, but they’ve been historically excluded from recruitment and visa systems. This is changing as TalentLift and our partners drive more equitable access to these transformative opportunities.
TalentLift is the first organization of our kind to offer employers and the displaced candidates they hire in-house services encompassing talent search, visa application, and settlement coordination. We believe that access to opportunities should depend on potential and not the privilege of living without fear.
Our Immigration Legal Assistant will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative support to TalentLift’s legal team on both temporary and permanent residence immigration applications.
- Managing various legal services duties including:
- Maintaining case management databases and software
- Requesting and reviewing information and documentation from candidates
- Completing forms required for immigration applications and following up with candidates to obtain outstanding information
- Drafting submission letters, working from precedents when appropriate
- Preparing application packages for review by the Legal Director
- Ensuring that deadlines are recorded, scheduled and met
- Performing research and other general administrative duties as required
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in economic immigration processing
- Strong knowledge of Canadian immigration practices and procedures
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills in a cross-cultural environment
- Adaptability and willingness to continuously learn
Nice to have
- Work experience or volunteerism in cross-cultural contexts is preferred
- Experience supporting people living in refugee and displaced situations is preferred
- Experience with project management and database software is preferred
- Ability to communicate fluently in multiple languages
TalentLift is committed to equitable hiring. All candidates are welcome to apply and we warmly invite those who have lived experience in refugee or displacement circumstances, Indigenous backgrounds, and different abilities.
The salary for this position is $65,000.
The deadline to apply for this role has been extended to Monday, December 20, 2021. To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter/email to: email@example.com