In an increasingly interconnected world, opportunities are no longer confined by borders. Newfoundland and Labrador Health Services (NLHS) partnered with TalentLift to extend their reach and create a unique opportunity for talented healthcare professionals living in refugee circumstances in Ethiopia.
Explore more details regarding this recruitment event in another blog post that we have shared.
To support the large-scale virtual recruitment event, our tech team at TalentLift developed a companion application, streamlining the interview process for the event.
TalentLift’s companion app was designed to empower interviewers during the NLHS recruitment event and to enhance their efficiency as they conducted over 70 interviews over a three-day period. With features tailored to the specific needs of this pioneering undertaking, the app became an indispensable tool for the interview teams and a great demonstration of fit-to-purpose development.
Let’s explore how it simplified the process and improved the overall experience for both candidates and interviewers.
- Candidate profiles and CVs: Our app allows interviewers to log in and access comprehensive candidate profiles, including their essential details and CVs. This feature not only saves time but also ensures that interviewers have all the necessary information at their fingertips. A quick glance at a candidate’s qualifications and experiences helps interviewers gain a well-rounded understanding of each candidate’s background before the interview even begins.
- Private and secure feedback: After each interview, interviewers can conveniently note their feedback within the app, ensuring that their observations and thoughts are securely stored. This feature facilitates easy collaboration among the interviewing teams, allowing for efficient decision-making processes.
- Decision making: One of the best features of the app is the ability for interviewers to individually note their decision regarding the candidate. Whether to continue, decline, or recommend further assessment, interviewers can make their decisions right in the app at the time of the interview and before conferring with other colleagues. This streamlines the decision-making process and can help see that every candidate is treated fairly and equitably.
- Interview guides and job descriptions: To further assist interviewers, the app provides easy access to an interview guide created by our team, with key context on refugee circumstances and tips for an inclusive approach to hiring. Additionally, interviewers can review the job description of the position they are interviewing for, ensuring they have a clear understanding of the role’s requirements and expectations.
- Zoom integration and technical support: Given that all interviews were conducted on the Zoom platform, the app also provided a seamless link to the Zoom meetings. And, our team ensured that candidates were well-prepared and equipped for the interviews, ensuring a smooth and seamless experience for over 70 candidates during the three-day event.
The success of the companion app for the NLHS recruitment event goes beyond just this single occasion. We understand that such an application can have broad application for future events as well. By centralizing all interview-related information and facilitating secure communication, future recruitment events can be conducted with utmost efficiency and professionalism.
The TalentLift companion app supports recruiters in ensuring that talented individuals living in refugee circumstances have an equal opportunity to shine and contribute their skills to a safe new home. As skilled visa pathways to Canada continue to open, and the TalentLift companion app continues to evolve and adapt, we hope it will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of global recruitment, making the world a more inclusive and diverse place where talent knows no boundaries.
Hala Alkhellow is a Data Engineer with TalentLift who developed an interest in technical programming despite her background in Communication Engineering from Aleppo University. Driven to deepen her skills, Hala embarked on a journey of self-study, immersing herself in various programming languages and frameworks. Through online resources and mentorship from experienced software engineers, she honed her front-end development, back-end development, and data engineering expertise. Hala firmly believes that continuous learning is the key to keeping up with the ever-evolving technology field.