Join our team! TalentLift is a mission-driven, collaborative, and high-impact start-up expanding the job and skilled visa opportunities available to talented candidates living in refugee circumstances globally. We are hiring a full-time Candidate Success Officer who will have the opportunity to make a clear impact on individual and systemic levels and to create the scaleable and human-centred processes that power our work.
TalentLift is a non-profit talent agency. We support Canadian employers to recruit and relocate talent from within refugee populations to fill skills shortages, enabling candidates along with their families to lift to their potential as they advance their careers, secure their futures, and leave displacement behind.
There are more than 27 million people living as refugees worldwide with few options to achieve livelihoods and security. Many thousands have the skills and potential to qualify for jobs and skilled visas in Canada, just like talented people anywhere, but they’ve been historically excluded from recruitment and visa systems. This is changing as TalentLift and our partners drive more equitable access to these transformative opportunities.
TalentLift offers employers and the displaced candidates they hire in-house services encompassing talent search, visa application, and settlement coordination. We believe that access to opportunities should depend on potential and not the privilege of living without fear.
Our Candidate Success Officer will report to the Managing Director and be responsible for:
- Managing a supportive, seamless international recruitment and relocation experience for TalentLift candidates, who are living in refugee circumstances globally and who represent diverse professions, English language abilities, and cultural backgrounds
- Coordinating candidate experiences such as upskilling opportunities through our Talent Platform database
- Building relationships with partner NGOs and settlement service providers
- Developing workflow, monitoring, and evaluation processes
- Post-secondary training in public policy, law, immigration, international affairs, human resources, or other social sciences is an asset
- 2 years of work experience or volunteerism
- Excellent communication skills in a cross-cultural environment
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Adaptability and willingness to continuously learn
Nice to have:
- Work experience or volunteerism in cross-cultural contexts
- Experience supporting people living in refugee and displaced situations
- Experience with project management and database software
What we offer
- Salary of $72,000
- Dental and extended healthcare benefits
- 4 weeks vacation
- Flexible hours and work from home in Canada
- Equipment provided
- A supportive team – ask us more!
TalentLift is committed to equitable hiring. All candidates are welcome to apply and we warmly invite those who have lived experience in refugee or displacement circumstances, Indigenous backgrounds, and different abilities.
The deadline to apply for this role is November 30, 2022. To apply, please send your CV and a message using this application form.